NAMM 2010: Tascam launches compact DR-08 portable recorder – MusicRadarby August 25, 2022
MusicRadar is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Here’s why you can trust us.
PRESS RELEASE: TASCAM’s compact DR-08 portable digital recorder packs serious audio quality into a handheld dynamo that fits in your pocket. It captures audiophile-quality 96kHz/24-bit WAV files – or web-friendly MP3 files – to robust MicroSD media.
The built-in microphones have a unique mechanism to change the width and angle of the elements, allowing you to tailor the pattern for the perfect recording. There’s even a built-in kickstand for placing the recorder right where you want it. A pair of AAA batteries allows you to record for hours to the included 2GB card, then transfer the recording to your computer using high-speed USB 2.0.
Like the top-selling DR-07, the DR-08 has features like auto level control and a low cut filter for clear recordings. Add your own microphone or line-level source using the 1/8″ stereo input. The DR-08 has loop and variable speed on playback, allowing you to slow down speed without changing the pitch to learn new music. Noise canceling and EQ functions improve playback timbre, and the sleek design makes the DR-08 TASCAM’s most portable recorder yet.
– Portable digital recorder
– WAV recording from 44.1/16-bit up to 96kHz/24-bit
– MP3 recording from 32k – 320 kbps
– Records to MicroSD media (2GB card included)
– Two cardioid microphones with variable angle mechanism to adjust width and angle of microphone elements
– Variable Speed Playback – adjust the playback speed from 50% to 200% without changing the pitch to learn new music
– Auto recording mode starts recording when the input reaches a certain sound level
– Timer recording mode for beginning recording at a certain time of day
– Manual and automatic gain control modes
– Low cut filter and noise cancel functions for clearer recording and playback
– Built-in foldable stand for desktop recording
– Pre-recording buffer (up to 2 seconds)
– 1/8″ stereo mic/line input with plug-in power
– 1/8″ stereo headphone/line output
– Playlist and folder management
– Built-in speaker
– Transfer recordings to computer using fast USB 2.0 connection (Micro-USB, B-type connector)
– 96×96 backlit LCD display
– Powered by AAA batteries (included), USB power or optional PS-P520 power supply
– Dimensions: 1.45″ W x 5.41″ D x 0.59″ H (37mm x 137.5mm x 15mm)
– Weight: 2.72oz (77g) including batteries
– Included accessories: 2x AAA battery, Micro-USB cable, 2GB MicroSD card
For more information, visit http://www.tascam.com
Information taken from official press release
Submit press releases
Email your press release to email@example.com
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter
The free MusicRadar newsletter serves up the week’s biggest artist and product news stories alongside exclusive tuition and gear reviews. Sign up here!
If you have a press release you’d like us to see, please send it through to firstname.lastname@example.org for editorial consideration.
MusicRadar is the number 1 website for music makers of all kinds, be they guitarists, drummers, keyboard players, djs or producers…
Don’t miss the latest deals, news, reviews, features and tutorials
Thank you for signing up to Musicradar. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
MusicRadar is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Visit our corporate site (opens in new tab).
© Future Publishing Limited Quay House, The Ambury, Bath BA1 1UA. All rights reserved. England and Wales company registration number 2008885.